I love artichokes. They are delicious on pizzas, amazing in pasta dishes, and great in salads. I love this artichoke dip recipe because it really brings out the bite that artichokes naturally have. Using a little citrus and tangy yogurt makes the artichoke come alive.
Having a can of artichoke hearts in the pantry can be a life saver when you need a last minute appetizer for impromptu company or for those lovely nights when your husband forgets to tell you, until you’re brushing your teeth for bed, that he signed up to bring something for the potluck at work the next day. :)
Time: 5 minutes
1 can artichoke hearts
1/2 c. plain yogurt
1/2 c. mayo
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire
1 tsp. lemon or lime juice
1 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
Drain artichoke hearts and chop them into bite sized pieces.
Mix all ingredients together and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Making this ahead of time will help enhance the flavor. Honestly, it’s not that great immediately. Let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour if you can.
- I used non-fat yogurt and low-fat mayo.
- Try using Greek yogurt instead.
- Don’t have yogurt? Use 1/2 c. of extra mayo or 1/2 c. of sour cream.
- Serve dip with crackers or veggies.